yllix banner

Let's list some important things to know for the future!

Hey all,

From my observations it seems that our world exponentially grows toward digitization of many things; I wouldn't be surprised if technology related knowledge once not essential becomes a regular part of society, honestly. That's what got me thinking, as I'm sure that various skills would be awesome to know in the years coming out. What sort of knowledge would you think is necessary to best benefit the general citizen, regardless of whether they necessarily have a tech job?

Off the top of my head, I've come up with a few things:

  • General computer usage skills, what one would call "tech-savviness," as in one must know how to operate computers in settings, and whatnot
  • Scripting knowledge, not necessarily CS, but in this day and age, being able to whip something out in Python, on the command line/terminal would benefit all
  • Security knowledge- if you follow the news, big breaches occur far more often than one would expect, at least for me. Again going back to savviness, I think it'd be awesome if most tried to put more security in effect with their passwords and such, whether it be password managers, etc.

Of course, I'm not particularly skillful in anything, so those are just my observations. I'm curious to see what your responses/thoughts are!

Happy holidays all!

submitted by /u/squirorb
[link] [comments]

from /r/Technology https://ift.tt/39d2e7R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Tower: Mobile game publishers continue to reach $1M at high rates

Sensor Tower reports that many mobile game publishers are hitting the $1M earnings milestone in 2021 -- though not as many as in 2016. Rea...